Saturday, December 26, 2009

Ad Wizards

There are some really dumb Dunkin' Donuts ads running right now. People are tested with a series of questions to see whether or not they're "true" New Englanders, before receiving a delicious coffee and/or donutty treat. One ridiculous example is a construction worker being asked what the best play of all time is, and answering "Wicked."

So, whatever, it's dumb, didn't bother me too much. Until I heard this: In one spot, a person is asked the one-word question, "New York-achusetts?" The answer: Connecticut. Whoa, Gingah. As a born-and-rasied Connecticut-up, I am offended by this in every possible way. Also, I've never heard anyone say this word, nor has anyone I know, nor has probably anyone in the world, since I don't think exists. But they say it so matter-of-factly. Oh, everybody knows Connecticut as New York-achusetts. What?

Comments:
Being from Massachusetts, my perception of Connecticut is that you are either a Red Sox fan or a Yankee fan. There's no middle ground. The way that commercial is though, there is nothing but a middle ground. So I'm with you.
 

Post a Comment

If you're "anonymous," please leave a name, even if it's a fake one, for differentiation purposes.

If you're having trouble commenting, try signing in to whatever account you're using first, then come back here once you're signed in.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rhode Island, United States