Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Early Results

Obama leads by 110. What's the point spread? Is he covering?

I was curious as to what a young* me wrote in November '04 on this blog. Turns out I just said the election was BS, and linked to Joy of Sox' coverage. He was still doing political posts back then.

I still say both puppets are being held by the same guy--but that doesn't mean I'm not rooting as hard as I can for Obama. Step one to turning this place around is getting a non-Republican in the White House. The fact that it actually would be a black dude would be incredible. Even if you're a right-winger, you gotta admit how cool it would be to know that all the hateful neo-Nazi, Klan-types in this country have a black man as their leader.

But you never know with these elections. Hopefully nobody screws with it to the point where McCain actually wins. More updates later....


*"Young" meaning I'd just started blogging that year.

Comments:
Step one to turning this place around is getting a non-Republican in the White House.

As a conservative, but hopefully one you consider reasonably rational, I could not agree more. After what the Bush administration has done, in step with a GOP Congress (2002 to 2006), there was only one thing to do, and that was sweep the place clean. As much as I might disagree with some of Barack Obama's politics, I believe it would have been wrong to elect McCain, because it would be like rewarding bad behaviour. I'm not saying it's all McCain's fault, but sometimes one's party needs to be rewarded or take a pasting. This was a year for a Republican pasting.

The fact that (the President) actually would be a black dude would be incredible. Even if you're a right-winger, you gotta admit how cool it would be to know that all the hateful neo-Nazi, Klan-types in this country have a black man as their leader.

I imagine there were more than a few of the racist variety getting the vapors as they watched the results on Tuesday. Heh heh!

Anyway, congrats, Jere, on your guy getting elected. It's a great feeling when your guy wins, eh?
 
It is nice, though I wouldn't call him "my guy." I'm too far left of left for anyone in either of the major two parties to be my guy/gal. But in the battle between him and McCain, Obama was definitely my guy.
 

Post a Comment

If you're "anonymous," please leave a name, even if it's a fake one, for differentiation purposes.

If you're having trouble commenting, try signing in to whatever account you're using first, then come back here once you're signed in.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rhode Island, United States