Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Reading A Ballgame

So hard monitoring a baseball game on Yahoo sports. I should just quit my job.

You still go through the emotions, but it's just not the same as watching or listening.

Like Varitek's homer, for example. Yes, I found out, almost right away, that it happened, and I was just as excited as I would have been had I actually witnessed it. But it was comparable to a movie where our hero gets the girl, but we don't see a romantic kiss at sunset. Instead, the dude gets a text message saying "Have chosen you." And then Jeter's homer was like a follow-up message that says, "Ignore last communication."

And then enough credits that can fit on the screen appear, stationary, before refreshing 30 seconds later.

I did hear a few minutes of it in my car. Castiglione was bragging about his "role" in Fever Pitch.

And as usual, I saw none of the fifteen or so yankee fans at work making any attempt to get an update on the game at any point during the day. They just sit and wait til someone tells them the playoffs are starting. Pathetic.

The Sox will be fine. In fact, on Backwards Kay's radio show after the game, he was saying that this yankee win was more troubling than the Mets' loss on Monday. Because of the Rivera thing.

Before anyone says that the Sox are just going to not try, assuming that they're already in the playoffs, remember, that's what everyone said most of last season.

And I've noticed that Hideki Matsui has been awarded the MVP already. Let's hold off on these predictions for at least a few months, okay?

Tomorrow, Timmy will put us in the W column.

Comments:

Post a Comment

If you're "anonymous," please leave a name, even if it's a fake one, for differentiation purposes.

If you're having trouble commenting, try signing in to whatever account you're using first, then come back here once you're signed in.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rhode Island, United States